California Department of Transportation

Dept. of Transportation
1120 N Street
P.O. Box 942873
Sacramento, CA 94273-0001

Overload Permits

Dept. of Transportation
Div. of Traffic Operations
1120 N St.
PO Box 942874
Sacramento, CA 95814
  916-322-4976 (North)
(North Fax) 916-322-4966
  909-383-4637 (South)
(South Fax) 909-388-7001

California Trucking Association

Trip Permits

Dept of Motor Vehicles IRP
PO Box 932320
Sacramento, CA 94232-3200
Fees: Power unit--$45
5-day one trip--$35
Use fuel--$30
One trip--$10

Pay Fuel Tax

Out of State District
Board of Equalization
PO Box 188268
Sacramento, CA 95818-0268

Other Phone Numbers

Office of Motor Carriers: 916-498-5050
Oversize/Overweight Permits: 916-654-4828
Hazardous Materials Permits: 916-327-3310
Vehicle Registration: 916-327-3310
Motor Fuel Tax Office: 916-332-2010
CDL Licensing Information: 916-657-5771

Other Web Sites

 Road Conditions
 Official California Home Page
 What to do When Laidover in California

Computer Friendly Truckstops

Truckstops that either have easy access to phone jacks for your laptop, or have internet access available onsite.
Take a look >>

Laid over? Where to go, and what to do in California cities.

Advice from other truckers about what to do when you're laid over in California.
Take a look >>