Michigan Department of Transportation

State Transportation Building
425 W. Ottawa St.
Lansing, MI 48913

Overload Permits

Dept. of Transportation
Engineering Services Division
PO Box 30050
Lansing, MI 48909

Michigan Trucking Association

1131 Centennial Way
Lansing, MI 48917

Trip Permits

Dept. of State IRP Unit
Lansing, MI 48918

Pay Fuel Tax

Other Phone Numbers

Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration: 517-853-5990
Oversize/Overweight Permits: 517-373-2120
Hazardous Materials Permits: 517-336-6195
Vehicle Registration: 517-322-1097
Motor Fuel Tax Office: 517-636-4580
CDL Licensing Information: 517-322-1166

Other Web Sites

 Construction News
 Current Projects Under Construction
 Guide to Major Construction 2000
 Detroit Real-Time Traffic Information
 State of Michigan
 What to do When Laidover in Michigan

Computer Friendly Truckstops

Truckstops that either have easy access to phone jacks for your laptop, or have internet access available onsite.
Take a look >>

Laid over? Where to go, and what to do in Michigan cities.

Advice from other truckers about what to do when you're laid over in Michigan.
Take a look >>