Texas Department of Transportation

125 E. 11th Street
Austin, TX 78701-2483

Overload Permits

Dept. of Transportation
Motor Carrier Division (MCD)
125 E.11 th St.
Austin, TX 78701-2483

Texas Motor Transportation Association

700 E 11TH Street
Austin TX 78701

Trip Permits

Central Permit Office
Texas Dept of Transportation
125 E. 11th St.
Austin, TX 78701

Pay Fuel Tax

Comptroller of Public Accounts
Austin, TX 78774-0100
  800-252-1383 (In Texas)

Other Phone Numbers

Office of Motor Carriers: 512-482-5474
Oversize/Overweight Permits: 800-299-1700
Vehicle Registration: 512-465-7686
Motor Fuel Tax Office: 512-463-4600
CDL Licensing Information: 512-465-7686

Other Web Sites

 Motor Carrier Division
 Road Condition Reports
 Metro Road Conditions
 State of Texas
 What to do When Laidover in Texas

Computer Friendly Truckstops

Truckstops that either have easy access to phone jacks for your laptop, or have internet access available onsite.
Take a look >>

Laid over? Where to go, and what to do in Texas cities.

Advice from other truckers about what to do when you're laid over in Texas.
Take a look >>